Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Gladys

Gladys and I were friends at Hunter High and forever after.  We would get together- always for a project- and then not see each other for awhile.
When Eugene was little, Gladys once came with him to my house for the day and insisted on us painting  a room together - with Eugene left to his own devices.
For awhile, every year, she arranged a Chinese banquet with the most unusual dishes that she insisted that we try.
When my cousin Joan Pincus ran for judge in Westchester, Gladys was a mainstay of her campaign, volunteering countless hours to that effort for a colleague in the League of Women Voters.
I have so many fond memories of her enthusiasms, her cheerfulness and helpfulness.  I cannot believe that she is gone.
Karla (Turkheimer) Moskowitz
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment