Monday, August 24, 2009

Gladys and I were students together at City College. We haunted the
same spots on campus, but never met until I joined her at Farragut
Middle School in Hastings. We shared a great many things, especially
about our children. Eugene and William are a bit older than my guys,
Chris and Matt, so she had quite a bit of good advice about dealing
with babies; on the other hand, our adopted son, Michael, was fifteen
when I started at Hastings, so we had the opportunity of being the
"wisdom dealers" about raising a teenager.

Gladys and I laughed a lot. I think I will mostly remember her
strong, high-pitched laugh which she let loose very freely. Lately,
we had our yearly phone call, Christmas card - "how are the kids;
what's the news" I know how very proud she was of Eugene and William and how deeply she loved her grandchildren.

I'll miss her.

Joe P

No comments:

Post a Comment