Wednesday, August 26, 2009


I remember dear Aunt Gladys as one of the very interesting person I have ever met. Our first encounter was some 30 years ago when her family visited HK during one summer. A little scared, I found this auntie very interested in seeing what we do and understanding little bit of details about our lives. Although we could not communicate well in the language of English, she was very patient in listening to us (perhaps trying to figure out what we are talking about). As my brother Clarence mentioned, the scramble egg class was classic. That totally opened up my door to cooking and I still remember Clarence and I later explored on the Gladys’ method by doing different variations of scramble egg. On our 2nd encounter, I was visiting NY some 20 years afterwards. We were having tea in her back yard on a warm sunny afternoon. Amazed that she still remembered who I was from the little kid back then, and we chat about projects she was working on, about thing she remembered during her HK trip, about all these amazing things she thought of our grand pa……….. that I did not even aware……. ……….and the wedding gift she sent all the way from NY for Amy and myself…………

Dear Lord, may Aunt Gladys find eternal peace in you, bless and bring comfort to Eugene, William and the families. Amen.

Andy Wing Him Li

No comments:

Post a Comment